Rajgad Fort - 25 Min.
Rajgad is about 42 km away from Pune via Bhor.
- Raigad is located at a height of 3000 feet above the sea level.
- Rajgad is a favourite place for trekking.
Main parts of the fort are:
- Padmavati Machi: Facing north this has Padmavati Temple, Padmavati Lake, chor darwaja, Pali darwaja, Gunjavane darwaja, Daru Kothar (storage of arms and ammunition) and remains of the castle.
- Sanjivani Machi: This huge, beautiful and royally constructed machi faces west and has 3 layered fortifications making it extremely difficult to conquer. Each layer has a depth of 20 feet and just 2 feet wide which looks like a scary narrow well. This type on construction was to aide guerilla warfare.
- Bale Killa: This is the highest part of the fort which has remains of palaces, water lakes and water towers. One can view the whole fort and the vast surrounding expanse.